Thursday, January 17, 2008

intro time

Well, here we are. I have finally given into the world of blogs. I am excited to have a place where we can keep friends/family updated on our increasingly exciting lives..
For just a little background, if you don't know our back story..
Ron and I met in early 2000, and shortly thereafter started playing music in a band together. Our friendship grew, and even after that band ended we continued to collaborate. 
In 2001 when Ron began to talk about moving to NYC, it was hard to think about being without my best friend, so agreed to move with him and we would continue to make music together. 
In 2002 we moved to Brooklyn, and realized then that our friendship was much more. 
We had a great time living in the city, made some amazing friends and adopted our first lovely puppy dog, Shortstop. 
In 2004, we needed to come back to Virginia in order to be closer to family. It was sad to leave the city, but one thing Ron and I have in common is our dedication to, and love of family. 
In the summer of 2005, Ron proposed to me in Nags Head, NC. We began to excitedly plan for our June wedding of the next year. 
Life took a heartbreaking turn in early 2006, when my mother became very ill due to complications of the cancer she had been diagnosed with in 2004. 
The wedding was the last thing on my mind when I began to spend the next 2 months in a constant rotation of driving back and forth from Newport News to Roanoke. 
We lost my mother on March 2nd of 2006, and I will always cherish that time I spent with her in the last months. I will also always cherish the love and support of so many people, especially my soon to be husband. 
We were married June 3rd of 2006, and honeymooned in Oahu, Hawaii. We both agree that it was the best time of our lives, starting from the wedding to the end of the honeymoon. 
Since then we have both been working hard. 
I am in school in pursuit of my Veterinary Technician degree. 
In the summer of 2007 Ron opened his multi-use recording and instructional studio, Lowder Sound
He also founded The Academy of Rock Music, which is a "school of rock" in which he teaches classes of 10-18 year olds to play rock music in a group (band) setting. Very cool! 
We also added another member to our family in early 2007, our beagle pup, Walter. He is a constant source of joy and frustration, we adore him. 
More to come soon on our current lives, and new additions!
Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

I-Vee said...

Yaaaaay, you started a blog! Great name too :-D Can't wait to read about all the excitement!

<3, Veronica