Thursday, July 24, 2008

you have to laugh

i posted this on my favorite message board..so if you are from the board..sorry for the repeat!!!


so my day today has been a comedy of errors..
little ronnie has had such a crappy couple of days..throwing up a ton, so i called the GI doc, and we are putting him back on EES..but that is not my point..just the beginning..
so at the 12 feeding ronnie had a big ol puke on me while i was holding him the obligatory 30 minutes..
so i sat there with puke on me, while i waited for the 30 minutes to be up..
afterwards i got up and changed, and got ready to change/feed joey
when i changed poor little jo jo i noticed he has wicked diaper rash..so i cleaned him up and wanted him to be able to air dry, so i took a cloth diaper for my lap, and a washcloth to cover the wee wee..and started feeding (well, first i sat on the bottle and formula leaked all over my butt).
then while he was on my lap, he starts pooping, i frantically try to gather it in the cloth diaper, but get it all over my lap, and him.
so i take him to the changing table to clean up, and en route he starts spraying pee everywhere..all over me, all over his face.
so, i clean him up, but decide to get the baby bath so i can spray his little poopy booty down (i used the nasal aspirator, how handy!)
and then i lay a towel on the floor and still want his butt to air, so i wrap his bottom half in the towel and continue feeding, and while i am breaking mid feed to add more to the bottle..wham! more pee..another shot to his face, another onesie changed..
at this point with the stress of little ronnie puking so much, and the hour it has taken to feed joey, and the 3 hours of sleep last night..i am just going back and forth between laughing and crying..
i finally settled on laughing..i think we need to laugh to get through the day sometimes :)
oh and on a side note...i just peeked over at joey in the pack n play, where i had him airing out again...what do i find?
a big ol pee pen..
ahhhhhhhhhhhh motherhood :)
i've got some cleaning to do!


here was the culprit relaxing afterwards..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA! I've heard a couple of mothers say they learned the hard way to never leave a baby undiapered =) I feel bad laughing, but it is funny!

Anonymous said...

I have to admit, I co-sign Aunt Kimmie's comment. That is really funny and frustrating all at the same time. Awww.