Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas round 1

We started out our Christmas celebration this past weekend at Dave and Deirdre's. We had such a wonderful time. The boys were in super good spirits besides a bad couple of teething days and mom and dad forgetting to get gas drops before we left.
We had a great ride up, the boys behaved, and Aunt Sarah sat in the back with them (she flew up to our house, so she could spend a little more time with the boys). We did have a a scary moment where we saw an accident happen right in front of us, and I don't even want to think about it, because it made me not even want to be on the road again..ANYWAY..otherwise it was a great ride.
We got there on Saturday evening, Dad and Carol were there. I felt a little bad, because Ronnie had one of his famous melt downs right as we got there. He was already a tiny bit grumpy the last 30 minutes of the ride..and his dinner was late, so I understand. I had to walk him around for a bit, fed him...then he turned into his charming self.
It was funny, Ronnie is usually my mama's boy, who can't be around other people without flipping out, but this weekend he was as pleasant and happy as can be. It was a very nice surprise.
See examples:

with uncle dave


with daddy


with aunt sarah


with aunt deirdre


Joey was actually not quite as happy go lucky as usual..I think it was due to teething, and just being somewhere new. He was
of course still a little sweet heart.

before we left, napping with aunt sarah


sitting on our new cousin ;)


with aunt deirdre


we took the jumperoo to help keep them entertained...i think it worked



and then....the gifts

Aunt Deirdre gave them 4 new books, which we got to read by the fire when the power went out for a few hours on Monday morning. They are beautiful books, with great little stories. I will try to find a link for them later...

Dave and Deirdre gave the boys a stacker and this rolling duck thing that they LOVE.

Carol and Ronnie





The boys spent some quality time together..


The ride back was mostly good, but same as the ride up...I think the boys got a little bit tired of the car seats..
Joey was in a super mood when we got home, and while I was changing him he looked so cute that I made him my little Christmas baby :)


Well, its Christmas morning and I guess the boys must have been excited because they woke up at 5:30 and wouldn't go back to sleep. Not too sure why they screamed so much, if they were so happy it is Christmas...but they sure cheered up after their first Christmas breakfast :)
Ron and I are so excited for the day, we were up until 2 wrapping..Christmas takes on a whole new meaning now that these amazing little guys are in our lives. I am taking everything in, trying to stamp it all on my memory.
The whole time though, I am reminded of how immeasurably lucky we are to have these boys, and that they are so happy and healthy. Since the boys were born I have thought of how difficult it must be to have babies in the hospital during the holidays..
So today, I am also thinking of my extended family- Kathy, Chip, and the Mcginty's, and if anybody has a moment..please say a little prayer for Drew and McKenna that they continue to grow stronger everyday and are able to come home soon.

There will another update after Christmas round 2 at the Lowder's..which should prove to be a great time.
Lots and lots of love to all. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

They are so big and so cute!