Sunday, September 6, 2009

summer '09 in review

So, I won't spend too much time saying how I'm sorry I never post, and that I will try to do better this time, haha. We all know how that works out. Instead I will show you all of the fun things we have been doing this summer instead of spending time on the computer ;) The past couple of months especially, I have really wanted to concentrate on spending time with the boys, and giving them my undivided attention..because in a few weeks they will have to share my attention. The only reason I am able to do this right now is because they begged to get in their jumperoos..which I was ready to pack up, because they had no interest in them, and it's a bit silly putting these big boys in them now! haha For whatever reason though, in the past couple of weeks they beg to get in them about every other day, and jump like mad to the music we listen to in the morning.

Sooo, before we get to the pictures..let me think about what is new since last time..

The boys are everywhere! running, climbing on everything..Joey pulled a table on to himself and sent us to our first emergency doctor trip! It's only the beginning, I know..

They are learning so much it's crazy...they are really good at pointing out pictures in picture books, and have learned some new words, and even animal sounds.
Word wise:
Joey can say dada, mama (which was nana first, and every once in a while still is), done (duh), baba (bottle), num (nummies-food),cup, baby (buhbee) which sounds a lot like his bye bye, which is his favorite thing to say right now..along with his cute wave, which is sometimes towards himself, haha

Ronnie says dada, mama, done, down, no (usually sounds like doe), dog (all 4 of those can kind of sound alike at times), cup, baby (baybeee), gubgub (yo gabba gabba) and he will meow at pictures of cats, and bark at dogs :) he doesn't usually SAY bye bye..he will just wave..BUT the other night when Ron and I were going out on a rare date he said his first phrase "bye dada", it was so cute!!!

Health news..they both weigh about 23-24 lbs (although i swear for some reason they both gained about 5 lbs in the last week, haha..i think it might just be me)
We took Ronnie to the allergist, because of a few reactions and discovered he is allergic to eggs (not a HUGE surprise, because I am too), milk (which we had assumed when they were smaller, but he is growing out of it), and DOGS! uh oh! The doc said it was fine, he just can't sleep in the room with them.
She said to assume Joey is allergic to the same stuff, and we will retest in a year.
We were actually able to make the switch to whole milk with him with no problem..I guess thats a big sign that the milk allergy is fading. Joey on the other hand had a TERRIBLE time with the switch, so he is staying on formula at least until 18-19 months.

Ron and Nora news..Ron's Academy of Rock is doing amazingly well, which is wonderful..BUT we didn't see much of him this summer :( He is on his break between semesters now and we are LOVING having him home :)

I am now 35 weeks, which is a huge deal :) Miss Audrey now weighs (probably) about as much as both boys together when they were born, and at our last ultrasound at 32 weeks, she weighed more than the boys did when they came home! I am being pretty closely monitored for any of the issues I had last time. I have had twice weekly non-stress tests since 28 weeks, and have been seeing the doctor weekly. So, I'm hoping we have at least 3 more weeks of cooking to do :) With NO SICKNESS this time PLEASE!!

Alrighty..here comes the good stuff..pictures!

We went back to Nags Head for a weekend and visited the boys favorite place..the aquarium. It is SUCH a different experience with walkers!!




We also went back to Busch Gardens..which was also a TON more fun with walking boys :) Had a great time visiting with our great friends, the Grubbs family from Hawaii






just random cuteness


Fun with a great group of people :)



we have spent a lot of time on the patio this summer, just to be outside :)





and we LOVED our water park







First Haircuts followed by a visit to see daddy at work and a chance to rock out!








more random cute trouble


mama and the boys


since daddy has been on break, we are trying to squeeze as much into the end of the summer as we can..
visiting every park we can





roughhousing with daddy is our very favorite activity



back to Busch Gardens!! (thank goodness for Aunt Kimmie, who has been so helpful and awesome this summer :)








and this is my latest pic..everybody thinks i look about to drop. :)


Sooo, it has been an eventful summer..and I have been enjoying every second with my boys..it just keeps getting better and better :)

No comments: