Wednesday, February 9, 2011

big changes..

SO...as usual, blah, blah blah, sorry I don't ever update, etc. etc...i will try to do it more often, etc. etc.

Now that I got THAT out of the way...there is lots of excitement going on in the Lowder household these days! Well, the biggest news is that our household is moving to a NEW household :) Yep! We are buying our first place! This is huge, I mean monumental news (well, at least for me, haha). Anyone who knows me knows that I have not been very happy in our place for a while, I mean for about 3 years, haha. It is pretty dang run down, there is no yard, and we can't really make it our own, because we are renting. I will miss the neighborhood for sure, the trail around the neighborhood, and the multiple playgrounds.

We never meant to stay here long..It was supposed to be a place to live while we were saving money and finding our perfect first home. 4 years later, we are finally moving on. We didn't even plan on looking until next year, we were set to renew our lease until right before Christmas when friends of Ron's dad was looking for a buyer for their home. Everything fell into place, and here we are, just a week until we close!
It is a perfect little starter home, 3 BR 2 bath, a living room, dining room, eat in kitchen, a den, utility/laundry room, plenty of storage and best of all a fenced in back yard with a shed out back :)

Well, what this all means, it that we are busy, busy, busy...and this is the time that I choose to start the blog back up? haha!
What I really want is to let everybody in on what is going on...I felt bad that so many people that care about us don't know what is going on with this big event in our lives, so rather than calling everybody and saying "we made an appointment for painters to come to the house for an estimate" haha, I will just update everybody at once ;)

That being said...Closing is Friday, Feb. 18th.. we are getting most of the house painted in the first 3 days (you will see why in a minute), then we move...and try to be done by Tuesday the 22nd when our moving help and babysitters will be leaving for a cruise :)
and I have a bunch of pictures to share (of course, true Nora style)

It's funny, the time I went and took pictures we were showing the house to Ron's folks with our real estate agent (the night our offer was accepted :) it was night, and I didn't get any outside shots, so those will come later..

For now, here is our new little domain

View from the front door...AWESOME wallpaper..think we'll keep it, what do you think? haha



From the entry into the living room...you don't think we have to paint this room, do you?


Living room into beautimous wall paper entry


View from dining room into living room (those beautiful floors were covered by carpet! They are being refinished for us ;)


View into the dining room, sorry..not a great pic, i was trying to do it fast, while trying to keep kids from harming themselves on all the carpet tacks :P



From dining room to kitchen



Audrey testing out the cabinets and drawers



Eat in kitchen


Eat in kitchen to den (play room)


From den to kitchen



Ron in my laundry/utility room (right off of den)


Beautiful pink kids bathroom :P


Boys' bedroom


Audrey's room (must. be. painted....my girl will not be living in a gray room)


Our gorgeous pink master bedroom



Master bedroom to bath


Master bath shower stall :P


Cabinets in master bath, will be renovated one day..not yet though, sigh



Weeeelll, thats it! And I couldn't be happier :) This is the perfect little house for us..please be prepared...I am already thinking of a post to ask for opinions on paint colors and stuff..I need to hurry up and make decisions! What with trying to pack our entire lives, while 3 kids are running around, while Ron works about 65-70 hours a week, and all 3 kids were sick with the flu (even though they had the flu shot) this week. I have not had time to think about anything!

So, as I started...I will end with a blah blah blah....I hope that I update more, etc, etc, hahaha :)
Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! I'm sooo happy for you! I can't wait to see progress pics on the updates you guys do to the house!! Congrats girl!!!

Mrs.McJeep said...

Well you know I'm so happy for you. I don't see what is wrong with the paint colors :P haha! Get me ideas, I'll help you pick!

Unknown said...

GREAT paneling! How could you NOT want to keep such a beautiful piece of historical architecture???
Awesome house!!! Congrats! YAY!

rabbit said...

This house has HUGE potential! Love it!